There I was, installing GNS3 (0.7.4) on my MacBookPro (10.6.7). After the installation this is what it looked like.
As I began to make changes in the settings I noticed a rather surprising change occur. The language switched from English to Arabic. Here’s what it looked like.
I didn’t know what to think at first. My first reaction was to uninstall, re-download from the GNS3 site and re-install. This didn’t help matters, I was stuck with Arabic.
After spending some time poking around, looking and pondering I came across a rather trivial way to fix the problem. So the solution is a rather easy fix. I opened a Terminal (Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal) edited the gns3.ini file.
In the [GNS3] section locate the “lang=ar” line and change it to read, “lang=en”. Save the changes and exit the editor. Restart GNS3 and you should now have menus in English.
I suppose that if you knew the menu system well enough you could “clear” the gns3.ini via the GUI without following the above steps. I haven’t tried this however.